Monday, September 15, 2008

rrrose-mahreee

That's how they pronounce my name. I moved into a new apartment yesterday. Gisele, the wonderful French woman I had been staying with hurt her arm in a fall and needed to be on bed rest. Rafa (best director ever) found me a new home with, drum roll please, CHILDREN!! Ain't that neat? There are two, Carolina (13) and Ignacio (6). The parents, Angel and Maria Ana, are as sweet as can be. The mom LOVES cooking (so similar to my own mother... ha ha); she made a million vegetables last night and gives me coffee whenever I want. We spent an hour talking about my abnormal (for Argentina) diet, she's so accomodating. She speaks some English but usually speaks to me in Spanish. It's already forcing me to learn more. The dad talks quickly in Spanish and his attempts at English are hilarious. My room is teeny and lacking in wireless internet, but besides that no complaints. Its about 12 blocks to school, much easier then the 20/25 I was walking before. The walk is beautiful too, smaller streets. I pass a beautiful church and a lot of pretty old houses on my way.
Ignacio showed me his Superman pencil case before I left for school. I love that kid already.
Spanish class now (ugh).

No comments: